Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Take safety measures for yourself!
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Stay home this week! We can whip this if everyone helps by following the CDC guidelines! Please do your part!
Craig County Offices are Operating with Reduced Hours and Limited Access
If you need to conduct business at any county office, please call ahead and confirm that the person you need to see will be there at the time you plan to meet. Craig County Contact Numbers can be found here
We are now faced with increased Coronavirus activity throughout Southwest Virginia, including Craig County. Please take every precaution to minimize risk to yourself and others. In the links below, you can find up to date recommendations on how to reduce risk of contracting or spreading the virus.
Emergency Management Coordinator
Self Isolation Document
Important Reference Links
Commonwealth of Virginia
Sign up for Updates
Thank you for your interest in Craig County’s response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Please sign up below to get future updates by email, and/or to ask any questions of the Craig Emergency Management team.
Guidelines for Social Distancing and Hygiene
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people.
- If you have contact with another person wash hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer.
- Clean counter tops after visitor has left and desk area with a bleach solution of 2 tablespoon to 1 quart of water in a spray bottle.
- Make new solution daily as bleach degrades over night when in water.
- Let bleach set for 10 minutes before wiping down with a paper towel.
- Offices should be cleaned daily.
Hospital Transport Policy
- To clarify Craig County Emergency Services Transport Policy, Craig County Emergency Services will only transport to the following emergency departments:
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- LewisGale Medical Center
- LewisGale Medical Center Cave Spring Emergency Department
- LewisGale Alleghany
- LewisGale Montgomery
- VA Medical Center